There are a variety of ways to use Macaroni Kid as your go-to, local, family resource in the Amherst/Northampton area. Check out these 16 Tips to help you get the most out of your Macaroni Kid experience in the Amherst/Northampton area!
1. Subscribe: Macaroni Kid is a website and an e-newsletter. Our FREE e-newsletter publishes weekly and subscribers receive it in their email inbox each week. As a subscriber, you'll have the option to opt-in to our exclusive Magazine of the Month Club, which offers FREE (yes, 100% FREE!) magazines each month as our gift to you!
2. Events: You will find a list of today's events at the top of the homepage. These events link to our Event page, which is one of our most popular features. It outlines the most comprehensive list of kid and family activities happening locally in Amherst/Northampton area. Check back often, as we're always adding new activities as we come across them!
3. Guides: Check the "Guides" tab at the top of the homepage so you can reference it easily. Guides will have seasonally-relevant information compiled for easy reference, and include local events and activities, crafts, recipes, and more!
4. Articles: We feature family-focused articles on our homepage with a wide range of topics. You can use the search function at the top of the website or on the Articles page to enter keywords for previously published articles.
5. Calendars: The "iCalendar" and "Google Calendar" buttons appear below each event listing so you can easily add them into your family's schedule.
6. Business Directory: The Business Directory is a great resource for local families and includes local businesses providing services and products and in the Amherst/Northampton area!
7. Sponsors: Please support our sponsors! Macaroni Kid features local Amherst/Northampton area sponsors as well as National sponsors. They make it possible for us to offer this website and e-newsletter as a FREE community resource. Visit the sponsors, check out their social media pages, and tell them you saw them on Macaroni Kid Amherst/Northampton! They love to hear from you!
8. Social Media: Follow us on Facebook - where we share events and activities from local businesses, giveaway announcements, and parenting inspiration. Tag us in your family fun posts using #MKidEasthamptonPlus
9. Share: Don't keep us to yourself! Please share Amherst/Northampton Macaroni Kid with your family and friends. Most parents are looking for ideas to keep their kids busy or ways to enjoy family time together. So forward our newsletter to your friends, post our link on your Facebook page, and spread the Macaroni love!
10. Submit an Event: Use the "Submit an Event" button that you'll find on the Events page to send us information on an event in our area that you don't yet see on the calendar.
11. Read More: If you click on the "Read More" below any article in the newsletter, then the whole article will be visible.
12. Tweens & Teens: Macaroni Kid isn't just for the younger crowd. We search for events going on in the area for all ages. Keep those teens busy, too! We also publish articles that are teen-specific. As a parent of a tween & teen myself, I always try to include all age ranges and interests when creating content and sharing articles and events!
13. Giveaways: Macaroni Kid is always trying to bring you great giveaways. From tickets to events, books to build your bookshelf, gift cards, and more! Not only are they fun, but it's also great to get something for free! Watch your newsletter for upcoming giveaway opportunities!
14. Become a Sponsor: Advertise with us and reach your targeted audience - local families! We can customize an advertising package to work with your needs and your budget. Our sponsors are what allow us to provide this incredible free resource for parents.
15. Traveling: If you are away on business, vacation, or visiting friends in another city, make use of other Macaroni Kid sites to see what there is to do. There are more than 500 editions nationwide. Simply go to the home page, select "Change your Town" and choose the state you will be in and the dropdown box will show all the choices you have.
16. Save Money with CertifiKID: Our parent company, CertifiKID, is widely recognized as one of the best deal websites for parents, CertifiKID helps parents provide incredible experiences for their kids on a budget. From family outings and recreation to kids’ summer camps and classes to children’s theatre and museums, to birthday party packages and family getaways, CertifiKID connects parents with amazing kids’ activities and family-friendly fun in your community – and nationwide – at prices that won’t break the bank.